Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jess Strickland


1. Where are you living now?

Not in an apartment in Paris, as I thought I might be, but in a lovely little old house in Northcote, VIC, with a handsome boy, a beautiful little girl and a cat called Rabbit.


2. Who do you still keep in touch with from our year?

Mia Cullino(my sister-in-law), Ben Bush, Andrew Sale, Julia Speirs


3. Where do you see yourself in another 15 years time?

Hopefully swimming in the crystal clear waters of a tropical island (if they haven't been swamped by rising sea levels).


4. What's your best/worst memory of Year 12?

Best - getting my licence and driving off down the road own my own.


5. What have you still not learnt to do since Year 12?

Say more than 'Je ne parle pas francaise' in french - a serious impediment to my living in Paris. Or play the piano.


6. Did you attend the 10 year reunion in 2005, and if so what did you think?

Yes - it was great.


7. Are you interested in a 20 year reunion in 2015?

Sure - unless I happen to be swimming in the crystal clear waters of a tropical island.



8. What has changed about you in the last 15 years?

Apart from the ageing skin and more frequently appearing grey hair... I spend more money on shoes.


9. What has been the best/worst thing you've done/had happen to you?

Best thing - travel.

Worst - Skiing in Les Houches, France where there was two runs open - one was very basic and the other was double diamond black (the hardest). After spending most of the day on the easy run, my boy decided we should take the black run back to the bottom of the mountain. Which seemed like a good idea at the time...We were told it would take up to half an hour. It took over an hour to slide down sheer ice walls on our bums to just make the last bus home - only to find there was no hot water left and we couldn't soak our aching bodies in a bath. All we could do was climb into bed and never speak of it again.


10. What big plans do you have for 2010?

I think maybe I should make some big plans.....


11. If you could do it all again, what would you change about the last 15 years?

I would invest in Google.


12. What has been your biggest achievement so far?

Going on an upside down roller coaster ride in Disneyland. Twice.


13. What is your personal philosophy?

Take any opportunity you can to nap.


14. Some other interesting information about yourself?

I don't get enough opportunities to nap.


15. What would your last meal consist of?

Not sure but it would finish with a REALLY good cup of tea. And trifle.



No comments:

Post a Comment