Friday, March 26, 2010

Kyria Chapman (nee Tame)

1. Where are you living now?

I now live in Woodford up in the Blue Mountains in NSW. We have a little 110 year old cottage that backs onto the national park. My hubby and I moved here from Penrith (which is at the bottom of the mtns) about 2 years ago because my hubby is a keen mountain biker and we live near one of the most popular trails in the Sydney area. I love it here- we also have a view straight out the back window of the Sydney City skyline so we wont be moving any time soon.

2. Who do you still keep in touch with from our year?

Julia- occasionally Mary, Leah, Rachel, Mardi, and a few other people too.

3. Where do you see yourself in another 15 years time

Hopefully- Living in Vic again with Wayne- having sold our business for megabucks and being semi retired.

Realistically- Living in NSW, getting overworked and underpaid in the business and with a Sydney style big mortgageon a average small brick house! LOL (I hope not!!)

4. What's your best/worst memory of Year 12?

Hmmm I enjoyed most of it- Psych class was hillarious, loved studio arts and media. Filming my media cat in a funeral home was pretty memorable- friends were great too.

Worst memory - listening to an American exchange student sing her national anthem like Britney Spears- with lots of grunting. Was that year 12? Or 11? Anyway it was tragically funny. I bet she was a cheer leader too! -Groan!

5. What have you still not learnt to do since Year 12?

Cut back on my workload. Keep my bedroom tidy.

6. Did you attend the 10 year reunion in 2005, and if so what did you think?

No was unable to attend due to it being end of year and that means report/ portfolios time.

7. Are you interested in a 20 year reunion in 2015?

Only if I look and feel fabulous!!! LOL. I could have my arm twisted I guess!

8. What has changed about you in the last 15 years?

More stress and worries in life but still fairly happy and optomistic- that and about a million dress sizes! Also I chopped my hair off as soon as I finished uni and I have very bad eyesight- and glasses.

9. What has been the best/worst thing you've done/had happen to you?

Meeting and marrying my husband- both the best and the worst!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!! Also moving interstate on my own was a very big personal challenge but I made it.

10. What big plans do you have for 2010?

Get fit and live healthier- start a family and

11. If you could do it all again, what would you change about the last 15 years?

Cutting my hair sooner.. maybe doing more exercise otherwise I'd do it all again. Getting my masters done sooner rather than later- or doing special ed grad dip. Otherwise- No regrets.

12 What has been your biggest achievement so far?

My Career- I have worked very hard to do well at what I do.

My relationship with my hubby- we have been together for 13 years and still love each other very much!

13. What is your personal philosophy?

Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst just in case. There is a positive side to everything in life but we have to be prepared to change our perspective to see it.

14. Some other interesting information about yourself?

I had an article published in a mountain bike magazine.

I like to drive very fast up steep windy roads in my little very fast turbo deisel Astra (believe it or not that car is awesome!).

I love to have a laugh.

I have made some great friends up in nsw much to my amazment!! LOL

I hate the suburbs.

I enjoy travelling around Australia and have done some amazing trips - next stop is either Cape York or Tasmania.

I drove our landcruiser across the Simpson Desert last year and the year before and can now boast that I have done something many men haven't! And I am crazy enough to do it again this year!! - Girl Power!!

I love watching cooking shows but think cooking is a chore.

I love quilting and patchwork- I am in touch with my inner granny even more than I was in year 12.

I miss living in Victoria where life is so much easier, there are more interesting things to do and see and they have better shopping and better coffee.

15. What would your last meal consist of?

umm- I didnt have dinner tonight!!

Last night I had the biggest rib eye on the bone that I had ever seen- delicious and very filling!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyria, great to hear about your life, it's Belinda Houston here. Do you still use your artisic talents? Can't believe you've been married 13 years, your making me feel old!!! Good luck with your plans for 2010

    ReplyDelete