Monday, March 29, 2010

Matthew Sykes



1. Where are you living now?
Glen Iris, Melbourne, VIC

2. Who do you still keep in touch with from our year?
Nobody on any regular basis.

3. Where do you see yourself in another 15 years time?
Quite likely in Europe or USA, making and playing music full time.

4. What's your best/worst memory of Year 12?
Tough one, nothing really stands out. Best was just finishing I guess. Worst....nothing really bad comes to mind.

5. What have you still not learnt to do since Year 12?
Surf

6. Did you attend the 10 year reunion in 2005, and if so what did you think?
Yes and thought it was great fun.

7. Are you interested in a 20 year reunion in 2015?
Sure

8. What has changed about you in the last 15 years?
I guess I have more belief and confidence in myself and abilities.

9. What has been the best/worst thing you've done/had happen to you?
Best: Would have to be my progression with my music goals. I produce and release music and have started to do very well with respected releases on good labels in dance music worldwide (but not in the mainstream). Long way to go but would be the best thing after years of hard work.

Worst: Worst thing that I'm prepared to share would be missing my bus late in the evening in Barcelona and having no accommodation and everywhere being booked out. My sister and I almost got robbed and had a bad time before getting the next bus in the morning.

10. What big plans do you have for 2010?
Finish off my first album, well on the way, but still plenty of work to do.

11. If you could do it all again, what would you change about the last 15 years?
Nothing at all.

12. What has been your biggest achievement so far?
Being paid to tour internationally for music. Doesn't happen all the time but is happening more and more!

13. What is your personal philosophy?
Have fun, give respect and command it in return.

14. Some other interesting information about yourself?
I also go by the name of Byron Foxx. But I am not the Southern American Evangelist Minister named Byron Foxx.

15. What would your last meal consist of?
Roast Pork and lots of crackling, potatoes and gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment